Testing the Waters (Group Break?)
Hello everyone. I just wanted to let all of you know about a little idea I had that I’d like some feedback on. Well, actually the idea isn’t mine. A little over a month ago, Dave of Fielder’s Choice held a free group break for the blogosphere when his site reached 6 months, 25,000 hits, and 200 posts (all three milestones within one week of each other). Since that time, I’ve been thinking about doing a simliar break with these differences:
1. The group break would be open to any of my readers, not just bloggers.
2. The break would consist of 15 dual-team slots rather than 30 single slots (though this could change).
3. All non-base cards will be given away. Winners will earn extra prizes of the team/player they collect.
(EDIT) Extra Details: I have no video camera so I won’t be able to record these breaks. Details on team drawing TBD (once I figure out which format will be used. See #2 above.)
As for the box(es?) itself, they would be of a product that:
1. Is from the year 2003 or older
2. Has 3 game-used or autographed cards per box
3. Features “hits” of all MLB teams (no “retired only” sets)
4. Costs less than $100.
Here are a few products I had in mind that I believe fit the criteria:
1. 2001 Fleer Genuine (previously reviewed here) – 3 GU/Autos per box, features Autographics insert set and epic Names of the Game set.
2. 2002 Leaf Certified – 3 GU per box, star-studded Fabric of the Game set.
If anyone has any other suggestions for a box, please let me know. Originally, I planned to do a break like this for my blog’s one-year anniversary, but that wouldn’t be until April and I didn’t want to wait. Anyway, let me know what you folks think about this. Would you be interested in participating? Does it sound like a waste of time? Again, this break would be completely free. Let me know.